The best thing you can do for your teeth and gums is to focus on good oral hygiene. When you have good oral hygiene, you not only feel better, but you are also able to eat and speak correctly. It is also important for overall good health.
For this reason, it is important to take care of your teeth at home so that you can prevent any problems or disease and visit our office regularly. You will be less likely to have decay, gum disease, or problems that are even worse.
Here are some ways to keep your mouth healthy:
- Brush your teeth well at least twice a daily.
- Floss every day.
- Be sure that the dental products you use have fluoride, including your toothpaste.
- Rinse with a mouthwash after brushing.
- Be sure to eat a balanced diet every day.
- Limit snacking between meals.
- If you have young children under twelve, make sure that they drink water with fluoride or take a supplement with fluoride in it, especially if you live in an area where they don’t put fluoride in your drinking water.
Good oral hygiene is important. Dental problems are very preventable with the right care at home and routine visits to your dentist.
Don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions.