Though most people think that they are just getting a cleaning when they visit the dentist, they will actually get much more. We also perform an oral health examination during which we:
- Examine your head and neck
- Look for any signs of oral cancer
- Examine your gums, looking for blood, pus, or any pockets
- Look for signs of decay
- Possibly perform X-rays, looking for decay, cysts, or abscesses
- Make sure that your fillings are still good. They can crack and leak, causing even more decay
- Look around for any loose teeth or teeth that seem to be shifting
- Examine your bite by looking at the wear of your teeth. We can also discuss any temporal mandibular joint (TMJ) problems that you may be experiencing
- Examine any cosmetic issues
The oral health examination is just as (if not more) important than the dental cleaning that you should receive every six months, so schedule yours today.
Don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions.